TELEHEALTH/TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS BY PHONE
If you are seeking an appointment with any of our doctors, we invite you to please contact the practice on 6223 6223 to determine whether a telephone conference appointment would be suitable instead of a visit to the practice. Phone and video consultations continue to be covered by Medicare and our staff will provide further advise at the time of booking your appointment.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURES
As per the current health recommendations or additional policies implemented at the practice, we are implementing social distancing and additional infection control policies as follows:
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of our practice to prevent viral transmission
- Hand sanitiser is widely available at the reception desk and throughout the practice
- Removal of magazines and toys from our waiting room – we encourage you to bring your own reading material and avoid sharing them with other patients
- Removal of every 2nd chair in the waiting room for creating social distancing
- Further distancing from the reception desk via placement of red lines in front of the desk
- Segregation of all patients with flu like symptoms.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
During your time in at the Practice, we ask that you help us maintain a sanitary environment by:
- Coughing and sneezing directly into your left elbow, or into a tissue which can be immediately disposed of
- Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact
- Inviting you to wash your hands at the practice
- Use the hand sanitiser as provided from the front desk
- Minimising the number of family members/friends that accompany you where possible. A support person during your consultation is always welcome, provided they are not unwell.
Due to the high transmission rate of COVID-19 and the seasonal influenza, we kindly ask that you directly call the practice to speak to our reception staff if you:
- Experience the onset of any flu-like symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, fever, shortness of breath, headache or sore throat)
- Have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have recently returned from overseas travel or interstate.
If you are unwell or have been asked to enter quarantine or self-isolation, we ask that you notify us immediately on 6223 6223 so we can assist by rescheduling your appointment.